Fatima Ali, MD
Cornea Specialist and Comprehensive Ophthalmologist
Fatima Ali, M.D. is a cornea specialist and comprehensive ophthalmologist at Arbor Centers for EyeCare. Her clinical and surgical interests include cataract surgery, advanced technology intraocular lenses, corneal diseases including transplantation, pterygium surgery, laser vision correction, including LASIK and PRK, and cosmetic BOTOX.
Dr. Ali grew up in multiple cities including Boston, St. Louis and Dallas. She attended an accelerated, six-year combined undergraduate-medical degree program at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine in Kansas City, Missouri. Following medical school, she trained at John Peter Smith Hospital in Forth Worth, Texas for her transitional-year internship. She completed her ophthalmology residency at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine. Dr. Ali continued her training at Emory University where she completed a fellowship in cornea, external diseases and refractive surgery.
Outside of work, Dr. Ali enjoys traveling, high-intensity training, listening to podcasts, and baking.
- College: University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Medical School: University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine
- Medicine Internship: John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, TX
- Ophthalmology Residency: University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine
- Cornea, External diseases and Refractive Surgery Fellowship: Emory University in Atlanta, GA
- Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology
Current Professional Memberships and Leadership Positions
- American Academic of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Cornea Society
Honors and Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism Honor Society
Clinical and Surgical Interests
- Cataract surgery, including custom laser refractive cataract surgery and advanced technology lenses
- Corneal diseases, including keratoconus, corneal dystrophies such as Fuchs’, pterygium and corneal infections
- Laser refractive surgery including LASIK and PRK
- Cosmetic Botox